We work hard. We play hard. And we only hire the best.
Business Development Representative
JOB TITLE: Business Development Representative
DEPARTMENT: Client Services & Business Development
REPORTS TO: VP of Business Development
LOCATION: Des Moines, IA
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
DATE PREPARED: 07/2019
This is a client-facing opportunity at a growing marketing strategy company. The Business DevelopmentRepresentative (BDR) is primarily focused on market expansion and bringing in new accounts. The BDR is a highly motivated salesperson who targets new business development acquisition in person and over the phone. They close the initial sales and hand off the account to an Account Director/ Project Manager team. They work both independently and as a team member. A successful OBI Business Development Representative is a hardworking, ambitious team player who loves the independence and creativity of a start-up environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assesses, evaluates, establishes and develops business opportunities with new potential clients
- Lead prospecting efforts and promote a customer-centered culture that strives to exceed customer expectations
- Create and deepen relationships with clients and leads the company into new market areas
- Schedule high quality appointments within our target markets
- Qualify prospects as required by gathering all pertinent information and then translating this into relevant needs
- Identify opportunities by developing and maintaining key relationships
- Assist Account Directors and Creative Teams to support sales process
- Participate in lead generation and relationship development activities
- Make a minimum number of sales calls and presentations each week
- Maintain knowledge of company products and services
- Responsible for reviewing and analyzing information and developing new initiatives and partnerships
- Document client business requirements and communicate expectations clearly to OBI team members
- Semi-frequent business travel to call on clients and develop new customers.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 3 years of sales experience and customer-facing expertise. Marketing and sales experience in agency environment preferred
- Skilled in developing engaging presentations and speaking in front of small and large groups
- Knowledge of both traditional and digital marketing best practices
- Highly motivated and dedicated to sell
- Organization, attention to detail, flexibility and strong ability to multi-task
- Ability to work without direct supervision
- Excellent communication (verbal and written)
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong computer and MS Office and Google apps for work, and comfort in learning other OBI-relevant tools / apps
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Experience or working knowledge of Adobe Suites preferred/helpful
Must be able to fluently speak, read, write and understand the English language as well as industry terminology related to the job. Able to quickly learn terminology and jargon appropriate to client campaigns. Sufficient fluency to be able to interact with clients regarding the details of their campaigns, conduct or participate in meetings, compose professional e-mails, letters or memos, compose and proofread copy for campaigns, complete the documentation requirements of the job and interact successfully with clients, vendors, members of the media, employees, peer coworkers and OBI Creative management. Ability to recognize and interpret non-verbal cues. Ability to provide calm and clear leadership during periods of intense workload. Ability to communicate expectations with those he/she supervises, including the ability to conduct performance appraisals and implement performance improvement plans. Ability to read a map and or follow GPS direction.
Primarily works indoors in a facility maintained by OBI Creative that will typically be in good repair, clean and well lit. Occasional exposure to variations in temperature, dust, fumes, cleaning products. Frequent exposure to moderate noise from printers, phones, photocopiers etc. Frequent interruptions and changes in priorities based on needs of clients. Drives to client meetings in various locations, being exposed to extremes in temperature and changes in driving conditions.
Ability to gain access to the work area and then safely perform the duties of the job while utilizing standard and specialized equipment, including but not limited to the equipment described below. Ability to perform duties while sedentary, working at a desk and viewing a computer screen for extended periods. Vision and hearing within normal limits, with or without correction.
Automobile, phone, laptop, photocopier
To apply for this position, please email cover letter and resume to: