Paid Search/Digital Marketing Specialist
Job Title: Paid Search/Digital Marketing Specialist
Department: Digital Marketing
Reports to: Senior Director of Digital Marketing and e-Commerce
Location: Omaha, NE
FLSA status: Exempt / full-time
Date prepared: 06/09/22
This is an opportunity at an international award-winning research, strategy, marketing, and advertising agency. We are looking for an SEM/Paid Search expert to execute, manage, and optimize results-driven pay-per-click (PPC) campaigns for our clients. You’ll be responsible for the paid search channel activation strategy for championing Google Ads and Bing Ads best practices, betas and innovative features to drive business results that achieve optimal traffic and acquisition volumes for our clients. This person would provide search industry knowledge and improve day-to-day insights and outcomes across clients in multiple verticals.
2+ years’ experience buying media across multiple outlets and platforms.
- Excellent understanding of campaign set up, optimization, and reporting on search campaign platforms
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem solving
- Superior analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of search planning fundamentals e.g., reach, frequency, channels, formats, etc.
- Excellent attention to detail and facility in working with numbers
- Proficiency using search campaign platforms including Google and Bing Ads – Experience with Paid Social platforms is a plus
- Well-versed in performance marketing and customer acquisition
- Up to date with the latest trends and best practices in search engine marketing
- Experience with website analytics tools, including Google Analytics
- Strong analytical skills and experience generating SEM reports
- Familiarity with A/B and multivariate experiments
- Builds and manages paid search campaigns aligned to media plans
- Execute tests, collect, and analyze data, identify trends and insights to achieve maximum ROI in paid search campaigns
- Reports on search KPIs and metrics for optimization and learning opportunities
- Manage the budget pacing for all paid search campaigns
- Optimize copy and landing pages to improve ROAS
- Perform ongoing keyword/search term discovery, expansion, and optimization
- Research and analyze competitors to improve campaign performance
Must be able to fluently speak, read, write, and understand the English language as well as industry terminology related to the job. Able to quickly learn terminology and jargon appropriate to brand strategy, insights, client campaigns and digital solutions. Sufficient fluency to be able to interact with employees, peers, vendors, and clients regarding the details of their financial or human resources inquiries and the ability to conduct or participate in meetings, compose professional emails, letters, or memos, complete the documentation requirements of the job and interact successfully with all stakeholders.
Ability to gain access to the work area and then safely perform the duties of the job while utilizing standard and specialized equipment, including but not limited to the equipment described below. Ability to perform duties while sedentary, working at a desk and viewing a computer screen for extended periods. Vision and hearing within normal limits, with or without correction.
Automobile, phone, laptop and other computer equipment, photocopier, scanner, fax machine. Must be comfortable sharing a personal cell phone to communicate with executives, vendors, or clients during and after hours should the need arise.