Job Title: Traffic Manager
Department: Client Operations
Reports to: Director of Business Operations
Location: Omaha, NE
FLSA status: Exempt / full-time
Date prepared: 05/09/22
This is an opportunity at a growing research, strategy, marketing, and advertising agency for an organized and detail oriented individual to coordinate and prioritize agency-wide project deliverables. The Traffic Manager’s main objective is to organize projects and deliverables for internal and external clients by fielding and assigning requests, managing deadlines, and ensuring that all work from client services flows efficiently to creative, production and media departments. The Traffic Manager is responsible for understanding resource availability, prioritizing and distributing work, monitoring projects and workloads and adjusting assignments or deadlines as needed to ensure on-time delivery of work for clients.
3-5 years of traffic experience in an advertising agency or similar environment
Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- High attention to detail and advanced organizational expertise
- Strong decision-making and prioritization skills
- Ability to solve complex problems
- Excellent people management skills – ability to communicate requests and assignments, follow-up, and advocate for both the client and the team.
- Ability to multi-task and juggle a variety of projects while remaining calm under pressure
- Ability to hold teammates accountable, while maintaining positive relationships
- Strong computer skills – Office 365 and Project Management systems, Workamajig preferred.
- Create detailed schedules and set deadlines for various stages of a project on a daily, weekly, or as-needed basis
- Distribute assignments to internal departments or external freelancers or contractors, depending on their skills, capacity, and priorities
- Ensure that work is distributed equally and fairly
- Meet with the Client Services or Project Managers to learn more about new project details and give progress updates on existing projects, communicating any issues
- Monitor projects and workloads, adjusting assignments and deadlines accordingly
- Maintain project documentation
- Provide detailed written and visual reports to bi-weekly to management regarding the status of current workflow, unused capacity and bottlenecks or constraints in the agency.
- Work with the administrative and business operations teams to develop schedules, invoicing, and additional costs due to rush fees, or unexpected deadlines.
Must be able to fluently speak, read, write, and understand the English language as well as industry terminology related to the job. Able to quickly learn terminology and jargon appropriate to brand strategy, insights, client campaigns and digital solutions. Sufficient fluency to be able to interact with employees, peers, vendors, and clients regarding the details of their financial or human resources inquiries and the ability to conduct or participate in meetings, compose professional emails, letters, or memos, complete the documentation requirements of the job and interact successfully with all stakeholders.
Ability to gain access to the work area and then safely perform the duties of the job while utilizing standard and specialized equipment, including but not limited to the equipment described below. Ability to perform duties while sedentary, working at a desk and viewing a computer screen for extended periods. Vision and hearing within normal limits, with or without correction.
Automobile, phone, laptop and other computer equipment, photocopier, scanner, fax machine. Must be comfortable sharing a personal cell phone to communicate with executives, vendors, or clients during and after hours should the need arise.