We work hard. We play hard. And we only hire the best.
JOB TITLE: Digital Strategist
REPORTS TO: Director of Media Planning & Activation
LOCATION: Omaha, NE
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
DATE PREPARED: 06/2019
This is an opportunity at a growing marketing strategy and creative firm. The Digital Strategist will strategize all OBI Creative digital projects from start to completion. This will be done in close coordination with the OBI digital team including digital developers, digital designers, OBI Creative Directors (CD) and OBI Account Managers (AM), ensuring all deliverables meet requirements, schedules and budgets. A successful OBI Digital Strategist is a creative, ambitious, detail-oriented team player who loves the independence and energy of a start-up environment and has knowledge and experience executing across all digital mediums.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage execution of all digital marketing programs (paid search, display, paid social, search engine optimization) and client projects.
- Identify, assess, manage, estimate and optimize digital marketing projects for the agency that meet client expectations and deliver results as outlined in our marketing recommendations.
- Create strategic plans for all digital services and execute marketing tactics with team.
- Work in tandem with our digital developers, digital designers, social media strategist and content team to promote content, launch campaigns, and measure and report campaign/project success.
- Communicate relevant questions, information and updates to our internal team and clients.
- Manage and grow Search Engine Marketing products and services across current and prospective clients
- Manage all organic (SEO) and paid search campaigns on behalf of OBI Creative
- Continue to optimize and improve results
- Enhance OBI’s current offering of services
- Deliver consistent reporting to internal team and clients
- Execute inbound marketing campaigns
- Assist in the implementation and management of inbound marketing and lead generation campaigns for OBI client base (database clean-up, lead scoring, landing page development and implementation).
- Educate the OBI team and clients on best practices of inbound to our results-driven team.
- Work to tie digital campaign tactics into lead nurture campaigns more seamlessly to garner more accurate and effective reporting and campaign results.
- Support team expansion and organizational development.
- Document activities to aid on-boarding, training and task optimization.
- Recommend resources and tools to improve efficiency and performance.
- Refine existing processes to impact agency efficiencies in digital space.
- Support internal content marketing and optimization efforts.
- Educate our team and clients on the power of inbound and digital marketing.
- Represent OBI in new business and current client meetings when digital services are needed.
- Relaying insights and digital best practices to our results-driven team.
- Authoring and advising on appropriate content and directing the digital presence and site strategy for the OBI Creative brand (website)
KNOWLEDGE BASE DESIRED
- Campaign, monthly and quarterly report building.
- Google Analytics, Webmaster Tools (Google Search Console, Google Tag Manger), RivalIQ, SEMRush, Moz and other third-party analytics tools.
- Facebook Insight and other native + third-party social analytics.
- Facebook Ads Manager, LinkedIn Ads, Twitter Ads, Pinterest Ads and other native + third-party ad tools.
- Marketing automation (Hubspot), lead generation, and email service providers.
- WordPress and other CMS-based websites.
- Paid social media campaigns (direct response and awareness).
- Platform knowledge, publishing best practices, social media ad buying, social media creative and media execution, reporting and billing
- Inbound marketing principles and practices.
- Knowledge, experience and/or certification with HubSpot is a plus
- SEM + Display
- Strategize, execute/optimize campaigns (Google Ads & Bing)
- Landing page development and testing.
- Organic SEO (offsite, onsite, local)
- Keyword research, SEO strategy (content and website structure), technical SEO
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- 3-5 years’ experience in managing digital programs/projects
- Thinks holistically about digital, with a breadth of knowledge on channels and tactics.
- Ability to develop KPIs and measure return on investment.
- Can articulate data, activities and marketing speak in a form our clients and team can understand.
- Can set up and implement digital programs autonomously.
- Can set an appropriate budget based on goals and desired outcomes.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google Apps, project management and other web-based tools.
- Manage successful SEO programs with the traffic to prove it.
- Administer paid campaigns on Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter, Google Ads and Bing.
- Utilize enterprise social media monitoring tools.
- Build a scalable, content marketing calendar and/or program.
- Scope projects and set budget and time estimates.
- Navigate the backend of WordPress based websites.
- Set up and leverage Google Analytics features.
- Manage inbound marketing, automation platforms and lead nurturing funnels (more specifically Hubspot certified)
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Stellar communication skills in phone, email, and face-to-face scenarios.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with the OBI Digital Team
- Can adapt to changing requirements quickly and communicate consequences.
Must be able to fluently speak, read, write and understand the English language as well as industry terminology related to the job. Able to quickly learn terminology and jargon appropriate to client campaigns. Sufficient fluency to be able to interact with clients regarding the details of their campaigns, conduct or participate in meetings, compose professional e-mails, letters or memos, compose and proofread copy for campaigns, complete the documentation requirements of the job and interact successfully with clients, vendors, members of the media, employees, peer coworkers and OBI Creative management. Ability to recognize and interpret non-verbal cues. Ability to provide calm and clear leadership during periods of intense workload. Ability to communicate expectations with those he/she supervises, including the ability to conduct performance appraisals and implement performance improvement plans. Ability to read a map and or follow GPS direction.
Primarily works indoors in a facility maintained by OBI Creative that will typically be in good repair, clean and well lit. Occasional exposure to variations in temperature, dust, fumes, cleaning products. Frequent exposure to moderate noise from printers, phones, photocopiers etc. Frequent interruptions and changes in priorities based on needs of clients. Drives to client meetings in various locations, being exposed to extremes in temperature and changes in driving conditions.
Ability to gain access to the work area and then safely perform the duties of the job while utilizing standard and specialized equipment, including but not limited to the equipment described below. Ability to perform duties while sedentary, working at a desk and viewing a computer screen for extended periods. Vision and hearing within normal limits, with or without correction.
Automobile, phone, laptop, photocopier
To apply for this position, please email cover letter and resume to:
Kristin Olson, Director of HR & Administration