Old Rules, New Rules
Discover the secret to profitable marketing research, communications strategy, digital domination and killer creative.
Being a marketer today requires wearing many hats. To be successful you must gain fluency in the following areas:
- Research/Data Analysis
- Developing Strategic Marketing/Communication Campaigns
- Creating Content That Converts
- Maintaining an Authentic and Active Social Presence
- Web and Digital Best Practices
- Relationship Management
- Pitching to Key Stakeholders
- At least three other things we’ve forgotten…
Reading the list can quickly cause even the most seasoned marketers to throw their hands up in frustration. However, the thread tying all these areas of fluency together is connecting with customers.
At its core, that is what marketing is all about: connecting with customers.
Today, that means marketers must also be publishers, connecting with their customers online.
To be a successful marketer, you must know how to create content that converts; how to capitalize on that content with research-rich strategies; how to publish that content so that the most members of your ideal audiences see it; and how to design creative that drives results.
OBI’s free marketing ebooks show you how to do all of that. Here’s a taste of the tips we share on how to connect with your customers online.
1. Understand SEO & SEM — Your business needs both to grow. Learn the basics of SEO & SEM. Then, take a glance at what’s coming down the road. (Hint: voice search and audience targeting are the future.)
2. Make Your Website NOT Suck — Optimization, functionality, interactivity, solid content and design, and regular maintenance are a good start. Putting your customer personas at the heart of your website strategy and structure will get you all the way home.
3. Performance Matters — Your website must look good and burst with compelling content. It must also load fast, deliver a pleasing user experience and be mobile-first in its design.
4. Let Marketing Automation Make Your Job Easier — You wear many hats as a marketer. If you’re still doing your lead scoring, email scheduling and contact maintenance manually, you need a marketing automation solution.
5. Don’t Ignore Inbound Marketing — Adhering to an inbound marketing strategy will help you attract, connect with and nurture leads, which is the key to making your website profitable and to publishing content that converts.
Use These Free Marketing Ebooks to Drive Results
We know how busy you are so we took the time to gather the most important information you need to know as a modern marketer into a series of ebooks.
If you follow the guidance and implement the ideas here, we’re confident that you’ll achieve results for your business and that you’ll position your brand to make more meaningful and profitable connections with your customers online.