Public Relations Coordinator
JOB TITLE: Public Relations Coordinator
DEPARTMENT: Strategic Communications
REPORTS TO: VP Solutions Delivery
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
DATE PREPARED: 01/2021
The Public Relations Coordinator is responsible for helping the agency continue to grow and evolve our capabilities to ensure that earned and owned media is an integral part of how we successfully connect our client’s brands with their most important audiences. In this role, you will have an immediate impact: you’re a key member of the communications and of your accounts. You develop thinking that helps connect core audiences with brands, through public relations, social media, influencer outreach, and other earned media strategies. You’ll also be responsible for the implementation, monitoring, and reporting of those strategies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work collaboratively with the strategy/planning, client engagement, and creative teams to fulfill client PR needs
- Help manage public relations strategy, implementation and content activities across agency accounts
- Seek and proactively implement new ways to meet client needs
- Implement innovative earned media programs (PR, social media, influencer outreach, etc.) within budgets and time limitations
- Create and develop public relations reports that provide insights and recommendations to clients
- Strategic thinking. Developing effective messaging platforms that support overall client business goals
- Writing effective materials including news releases, newsletter articles, long-form content, op-eds, etc.
- Ability to identify appropriate contacts and develop positive media relationships with national, state, and local consumer and trade media
- Identifying up-and-coming earned media trends and approaches, keeping both internal agency teams and clients at the forefront of this arena
- Understanding of the role of PR in overall marketing strategy (how it can support advertising, its role in overall digital strategy/SEO, etc.)
- Exceptional interpersonal communications with clients and internal agency teams
- Ability to collaborate across disciplines paid media, social media, digital, creative, strategy, etc.
- Supports new business efforts with PR strategy as needed
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- 3+ years of experience in public relations; agency experience preferred
- Demonstrated published work that shows strong writing skills
- Demonstrated success in the development of public relations and social media strategy either within a client organization or agency setting
- Capacity to apply knowledge in public relations to a holistic view of a client’s business
- A positive attitude and entrepreneurial spirit
Must be able to fluently speak, read, write and understand the English language as well as industry terminology related to the job. Able to quickly learn terminology and jargon appropriate to client campaigns. Sufficient fluency to be able to interact with clients regarding the details of their campaigns, conduct or participate in meetings, compose professional e-mails, letters or memos, compose and proofread copy for campaigns, complete the documentation requirements of the job and interact successfully with clients, vendors, members of the media, employees, peer coworkers and OBI Creative management. Ability to recognize and interpret non-verbal cues. Ability to provide calm and clear leadership during periods of intense workload. Ability to communicate expectations with those he/she supervises, including the ability to conduct performance appraisals and implement performance improvement plans. Ability to read a map and or follow GPS direction.
Primarily works indoors in a facility maintained by OBI Creative that will typically be in good repair, clean and well lit. Occasional exposure to variations in temperature, dust, fumes, cleaning products. Frequent exposure to moderate noise from printers, phones, photocopiers etc. Frequent interruptions and changes in priorities based on needs of clients. Drives to client meetings in various locations, being exposed to extremes in temperature and changes in driving conditions.
Ability to gain access to the work area and then safely perform the duties of the job while utilizing standard and specialized equipment, including but not limited to the equipment described below. Ability to perform duties while sedentary, working at a desk and viewing a computer screen for extended periods. Vision and hearing within normal limits, with or without correction.
Automobile, phone, laptop, photocopier
To apply for this position, please email cover letter and resume to: