Social Media Coordinator
JOB TITLE: Social Media Coordinator
DEPARTMENT: Strategic Communications
REPORTS TO: VP Solutions Delivery
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
DATE PREPARED: 01/2021
The Social Media Coordinator will play a key role in executing, monitoring, reporting, optimizing and formulating organic and paid social media strategies and campaigns for our clients and agency. You’ll work closely alongside our public relations, creative, account planning and account management teams to create integrated strategic social media content that breaks through to engage with key audiences.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate with social media director to plan, develop, and implement strategies for organic and paid social campaigns
- Lead reporting of monthly and quarterly social and competitive reports; analyze available insights, define drivers of performance and the KPI’s framework
- Proactively bring innovative social strategies and ideas to strategic communications team on behalf of clients
- Closely collaborate with social, PR, creative, and account management teams to provide integrated client deliverables
- Be an industry expert, staying on top of trends, themes and social changes to provide industry updates to agency team members and clients
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, or a related field preferred
- Previous experience writing and publishing social media content for B2B and B2C audience segments
- Experience managing paid social media campaigns across various social media platforms preferred
- Experience collaborating with analytics teams or working directly in Google Analytics or Adobe Analytics measuring social traffic, conversions and ROI preferred
- Familiarity with social media tools for publishing, monitoring, social listening and reporting (Canva, RivalIQ, SproutSocial, etc.) in addition to standard applications like Excel and Google Slides
- Self-motivated, entrepreneurial spirit bringing new ideas to the team and clients
- Superior interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Sharp attention to detail
- Ability to effectively manage deadlines and to juggle multiple tasks
- 3+ years of experience working in social media; agency experience preferred
- Previous experience working with a large corporation with segmented business units, needs and goals; financial experience preferred
Must be able to fluently speak, read, write and understand the English language as well as industry terminology related to the job. Able to quickly learn terminology and jargon appropriate to client campaigns. Sufficient fluency to be able to interact with clients regarding the details of their campaigns, conduct or participate in meetings, compose professional e-mails, letters or memos, compose and proofread copy for campaigns, complete the documentation requirements of the job and interact successfully with clients, vendors, members of the media, employees, peer coworkers and OBI Creative management. Ability to recognize and interpret non-verbal cues. Ability to provide calm and clear leadership during periods of intense workload. Ability to communicate expectations with those he/she supervises, including the ability to conduct performance appraisals and implement performance improvement plans. Ability to read a map and or follow GPS direction.
Primarily works indoors in a facility maintained by OBI Creative that will typically be in good repair, clean and well lit. Occasional exposure to variations in temperature, dust, fumes, cleaning products. Frequent exposure to moderate noise from printers, phones, photocopiers etc. Frequent interruptions and changes in priorities based on needs of clients. Drives to client meetings in various locations, being exposed to extremes in temperature and changes in driving conditions.
Ability to gain access to the work area and then safely perform the duties of the job while utilizing standard and specialized equipment, including but not limited to the equipment described below. Ability to perform duties while sedentary, working at a desk and viewing a computer screen for extended periods. Vision and hearing within normal limits, with or without correction.
Automobile, phone, laptop, photocopier
To apply for this position, please email cover letter and resume to: