We work hard. We play hard. And we only hire the best.
Now accepting applications (or bribes) for the following position(s):
Project Manager – Omaha
OBI Creative is a growing marketing agency designed to connect companies and consumers with what they need and love. The role of Project Manager (PM) is to help oversee the implementation of technical marketing and creative programs. In addition to being highly creative, this individual must be able to execute and ensure deliverables are produced on time, within budget, per client requirements. Working in close coordination and part of dynamic team, the PM will be the primary interface between the Account Manager/Director(AM/AD) and the Creative Team. To be successful in this role, you must be a hardworking, ambitious team player who thrives on the challenge of going above and beyond to exceed expectations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide oversight and strategy for the daily management, coordination and successful completion of assigned projects. Share insights on account strategy and new opportunities per project and client experience.
- Demonstrate superior organizational skills, including the ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects of varying size across numerous parties, with minimal supervision
- Take the lead on the following:
- Project scoping/estimating efforts and client contract requirements per AM and/or client
- Support account team by clearly communicating and defining work, delegating responsibilities and roles, and project workflow
- Daily communication with account teams and clients on status updates and project prioritization
- Track budgets and timelines to ensure team is on budget, analyzing resource needs in tandem with Resource Manager across assigned projects, adjusting staffing needs as necessary
- Strong facilitation and consensus-building skills, mediating conflicts in an effective, collaborative style
- Ability to inspire and motivate teams to do their best work within the constraints of the project
- Focus on established goals, prioritizing tasks accordingly. Provide management input for improved OBI operations, consistent with company goals
- Adjust and communicate budgets and timelines promptly as changes occur.
- Develop, foster and maintain a positive and effective relationship with members of the OBI Creative team, clients and vendors through effective and consistent communication
- Overall responsibility for ensuring deliverables meet AM and client quality and content requirements within schedule and budget defined. Promptly and continuously identify and elevate issues that could result in failure to meet schedules or budgets.
- Prioritize workload to ensure that all essential functions are addressed effectively, making appropriate adjustments throughout each shift and each work week to meet changing and/or competing priorities when necessary. Handling stress and change with ease.
- Maintain a knowledge of competitors and keep abreast of market trends
- Comply with policies and procedures as published by OBI Creative, which may be modified from time to time. Follow company protocol for prompt and accurate submission of completed time and expense records. Maintain a good record of attendance and punctuality as defined by OBI Creative policy pertaining to Attendance/Punctuality
- Willingly complete other duties and take on special projects as assigned or as necessary.
- Semi-frequent business travel to client and OBI engagements, as necessary
Qualifications & Experience
- 4+ years project management experience, successfully leading creative, marketing or technical projects
- Demonstrated success in managing client expectations and building strong partnerships
- Exceptional communication skills (verbal and written), with ability to communicate successfully across OBI, clients and vendors
- Experience successfully managing projects to budget and deadlines
- Strong computer skills, including proficient use of MS Office and MS Project, Google apps for work (Word, Excel, PPT), GMail
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Experience developing interactive applications, websites, print and/or media projects a plus
- Driver’s license, insurance equal or greater than statutory minimums, access to a reliable vehicle for transportation to the office and/or client meetings.
Must be able to fluently speak, read, write and understand the English language as well as industry terminology related to the job. Able to quickly learn terminology and jargon appropriate to client campaigns. Sufficient fluency to be able to interact with clients regarding the details off their campaigns, conduct or participate in meetings, compose professional emails, letters or memos, complete the documentation requirements of the job and interact successfully with clients, vendors, employees, peer coworkers and OBI Creative management. Ability to recognize and interpret non-verbal cues. Ability to communicate in a calm and clear manner during periods of intense workload. Ability to communicate regarding expectations with various colleagues, including those who “outrank” employee. Ability to read a map and or follow GPS direction.
Primarily works indoors in a facility maintained by OBI Creative that will typically be in good repair, clean, and well lit. Occasional exposure to variations in temperature, dust, fumes, cleaning products. Frequent exposure to moderate noise from printers, phones, photocopiers etc. Frequent interruptions and changes in priorities based on needs of colleagues and/or clients. Drives to client meetings in various locations, being exposed to extremes in temperature and changes in driving conditions.
Ability to gain access to the work area and then safely perform the duties of the job while utilizing standard and specialized equipment, including but not limited to the equipment described below. Ability to perform duties while sedentary, working at a desk and viewing a computer screen for extended periods. Vision and hearing within normal limits, with or without correction.
Automobile, phone, laptop and other computer equipment, photocopier, scanner, fax machine
VP of Operations and Leadership
Salaried, full-time permanent
To apply for this position, please email cover letter and resume to:
Kristin Olson, Director of HR & Administration